I recently hit 2,500 followers and I wanted to do something to thank you all for your amazing support!
So here is my 2,500 Follower Giveaway!
There will be three winners chosen at random.
The prizes are (not all pictured above):
1 Set of One Direction Pins!
1 Set of Two Pins of your choice! (You could get the boys, Ed Sheeran, the Great Mouse Detective, any of the Sherlock sets, etc)
1 Set of One Direction Stickers!
- You have to follow me.
- Only reblogs count. You can reblog as many times as you like but your name will only be entered once.
- Deadline is: October 1st.Prizes given at random. Please keep your ask open so I can tell you if you’ve won. I’ll need your name and address within 24 hours or someone else will be chosen. I’ll ship anywhere in the world.Message me if you have any questions :3Good luck!
RedBubble was having a sale a bit ago and I sort of went crazy buying things I’d always wanted (there are a few more in my cart for the next sale. rubycurls, your teacup louis is next.)
I wanted stickers for my phone case… now I have choices.
Thank you for all being amazing!!!
Thank you for buying!
I’m doing an art giveaway since I was unable to give these out at the St. Louis show.
To enter just reblog. Reblog as much as you want but your name will only be entered once.
*You must be able to give me your mailing address*
Ends September 13 (Niall’s birthday)
I’ll choose 7 winners at random and message them from my personal account, lieutenantdeath (so make sure your asks are open). The drawings will be given at random so people aren’t fighting over the same one. If I don’t hear from the winners within two days I’ll choose another winner.
Hey, you are also fan of My Chemical Romance? OMG! And THANK YOU so much for answer all the questions <3 I loved read your answers. I love too much art and like so much to meet the artists. :)
I was a huge MCR fan for like eight years. (I still like them but don’t listen to them as much) I’ve seen them in concert ten times. I met Gerard and Mikey and was able to give Gerard some of my art. When they broke up I filled the hole in my heart with five dorks from the uk. :p
Ok, so here we go:
1. Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
I do both but I prefer digital.
2. How long have you been drawing?
Since I can remember. I’ve always had a desire to draw. Both of my parents were pretty decent at drawing so I guess you could say it’s in my genes. (If you’d like to see some of my drawings from when I was younger, you can find that here.)
4. Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
I do have a deviantart. My name is lieutenantdeath there. I don’t have a personal website but I used to have an art blog. I deleted it though.
7. How often do you use references?
Whenever I do the realism paintings.
8. Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
Right now it’s just for fun. I’d like to make a career of it someday.
9. How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
It varies. Some days I spend 5+ hours drawing, other days I don’t draw at all. Just depends on my mood.
10. Are you confident about your art?
For the most part, yes.
11. How many art-related blogs do you follow?
Of the 51 blogs I follow, 30 are art related.
12. Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
Absolutely. I don’t mind answering questions, giving feedback or providing how-to’s.
13. Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
I love drawing things for other people. I don’t see the point in keeping your art to yourself. Share it with the world!
16. Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
I’d say I draw less. When I was in school I would draw a lot but now that I have an 8-5 job, I can’t do it as much. But I try to do as much as I can. I have a growing list of ideas that need to be done!
17. Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
If I have experience in the subject matter they’re asking about, yes. I’ve been doing art for a long time, I’ve tried a lot of different things so if I can help a person by informing them my success and mistakes than I will. What they do with that advice is their own concern.
18. What are you currently trying to improve on?
Anatomy. I took a life drawing class in college and was pretty good at it for a while but after college I didn’t practice it as much so I’ve become a bit rusty. I’d like to take another life drawing course if I could.
19. What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
Hands. I have a love/hate relationship with them.
20. What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
21. Do you like to challenge yourself?
Yes! It doesn’t hurt to challenge yourself every once in a while. If it doesn’t work, take a break and come back to it later.
22. Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
I think so. Looking at my art now compared to a couple years ago, you’d see a difference.
23. Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
Definitely more fanart. I’d like to do more original art though.
24. Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
Sometimes both. But I don’t hold any resentment with that jealousy. You just go “Damn, that’s good,” and get inspired by it or move on.
26. For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
For the longest time I was using Photoshop 7 but I just recently upgraded to CS6.
27. For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
Anywhere from between 4-10. I combine as I go so that the file isn’t so big and I don’t get confused.
28. For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
29. For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
Light sketch and shapes to get me started.
30. What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
Knowing that people enjoy my work and come to my blog just to see the work that I’ve done. I feed off that, knowing my work makes people happy.
Free worldwide shipping still available! And I just added Candifloss Harry. (You have to click the link to get the discount)
Free worldwide shipping today!